Client Profile and Case Study
McKinley has worked closely with Capital Paving for 10 years, supporting them in human resources and leadership development.
Some of the key projects that Capital Paving has engaged McKinley on include:
- McKinley’s Mark Thompson serves as the executive coach to the president and works across the organization to support operational leaders.
- McKinley developed and supported the performance management process for all levels. Over the 10 years McKinley has worked with the operational leadership team to develop the tools and the processes to meet the needs of the organization.
- McKinley has literally written the “playbook” for all field leadership (project managers, project supervisors, and foremen) players and their interconnection with the support team from accounting to the lab to plant.
- McKinley has facilitated psychological assessments for all hires at the hiring stage including coaching the managers. Capital now has assessments on all full-time staff.
- As project teams are deployed, project team profiles are developed and reviewed to raise awareness of how their profiles work together
- Professional development sessions are held each spring prior to the start of the summer season. Themes have included challenging conversations, ownership & accountability, leading other, motivation and engagement.